Job Title – Workshop Mechanic
Locations – Goresbrook – Dagenham
Salary – £38,000 to £44,000 per annum plus overtime, £1K joining fee & generous benefits package
Shifts – Permanent full-time – 10 hour shift, Mon-Fri with 30 mins paid break per day and 1 hr per day unpaid lunch break.
A market leader in trailer leasing and rental is seeking the services of accomplished mechanics to join its busy workshop located in Rugby.
To maintain and repair Heavy Goods trailers at customers sites, workshops or the roadside.
- To inspect, service and repair trailers to a high maintenance standard, ensuring conformity to all current company EHS guidelines, policies, procedures and mandatory EHS legislation
- To ensure all compliance details are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- To undertake all required training as deemed necessary by the company
- Provide high customer service levels whilst working to specified deadlines
- Must always adhere to the company’s health & safety policies and procedures
- Conduct oneself in a consistent manner that always demonstrates TIP values & behaviours
Must be a “Time Served” technician or possess City & Guilds 1,2 & 3 Certificates or equivalent qualifications & experience and have a technical background/experience in trailer repairs
- Welding experience – preferable
- Double deck maintenance experience – preferable
- High level of enthusiasm & good communication skills
- Basic knowledge of computers and ability to complete relevant written documentation
- Good organisational skills and ability to be able to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
- Initiative to work autonomously if required.
Other Benefits Offered
- Company pension – 4% employer/4% employee contribution
- Private health care – with opportunity to upgrade to include immediate family
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays plus opportunity to buy up to 4 days or sell up to 5 days.
- £1000 joining fee – paid after 12 months with us
- Use of the service van to travel to and from work.
- £1,000 referral programme
- Life assurance – 3 x salary
- GIP (Group Income Protection)
- Annual employee well being payment.
- Long service and success awards and recognition
- Many training development opportunities.
- Full PPE provided for all climate conditions
- Xmas vouchers
Employee assistance program via Health Assured.
If you are interested in applying – please send an up to date CV or call Rebecca on 020 8441 3323