A rapidly growing wholesale foods supplier is seeking the services of an experienced Transport Supervisor to work alongside the Transport Team.
Reporting directly into the Transport Manager you will work alongside the Transport Team to ensure drivers are following the company’s daily processes and the department is run safely and efficiently.
- Salary: A competitive salary of up £35,000 per annum
- Benefits: 30 days annual leave plus an additional 22 days off worked into your rota. You work 208 days a year but get paid a full-time salary.
- Hours: Starting at 3am, 40 hours a week rota, across 5 days including some weekends
- Location – Dartford
- Ensuring all drivers have the correct and relevant paperwork.
- Demonstrating best practice adherence to procedure
- Provide guidance and support to all drivers.
- Deal with general queries from both customers and drivers on the road
- Manage drivers and ensure deliveries are made with excellent customer service, abiding traffic laws etc.
- Liaising between drivers and the office, re-directing routes, and mitigating disruption
- Conducting interviews and supporting recruitment needs
- Overseeing performance and probation reviews
- Monitor and complete absence procedures in line with company policies.
- Supporting the drivers, completing deliveries when operationally needed
You will be a natural leader with good communication skills and up for a challenge. It is a highly pressurised environment so you must be able to work well under pressure.
Other skills we are looking for include,
- Proven experience managing a team in a Transport/Logistics role.
- Effective communication skills across all levels and departments.
- Excellent team motivation skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to manage and delegate changing workloads.
- Problem solving and dealing well with change.
- Computer literate – familiar with Microsoft Packages
- Full UK Driving Licence
If you are interested in the role and believe that you can offer what we are looking for please initially apply on line with an accurate and up to date CV and your contact details.