Job Title: Machine operator (Automated Decant)
Reporting To: Decant Supervisor
Company: Flamingo Produce
To ensure the automated decant line runs smoothly and efficiently reporting any issues/discrepancies to the Team Leaders. Ensure all duties are carried out correctly and efficiently, also enforcing the company’s operational procedures and policies.
Dimensions of the Job
Line process: Responsible for controlling the aspects of end labelling / automated decant processes and controls within the company’s existing policies and procedures.
Prestart checks/planning: Responsible for making sure that all prestart checks are done before shift and following daily automated decant plan.
Machine efficiency: Responsible for making sure that the automated decant line runs to optimum efficiency.
Health & Safety: Employees must not endanger themselves, or others, by their acts or omissions. In
addition, they must co-operate with their employers, as long as this co-operation
does not lead to an increased risk to health and safety, or is an illegal act, so that the
employer can comply with their statutory duties, thereby making the responsibility
for safety a joint effort between employer and employee.
General Areas of Responsibility
Policy & Strategy
- Understanding of the Health & Safety Act and its implications to you, your colleagues and the company.
- Maintaining a safe working environment and follow safe working practices.
- Adhering to the Company’s Hygiene standards as detailed in the Company Hand book.
- Adhering to the Company’s quality policy
Contact with others
Maintain a high level of communication with your own team, members of the operations team and members of Flamingo management team..
Effectively communicate with supervisors detailing ongoing issues and problems.
Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications
- Computer proficiency
- Must have sound administrative skills
- Must have a flexible approach to work
- Good communication skills required
- Accuracy and ability to prioritise
- Motivated and energetic with strong attention to detail
- Must have a good understanding of ERP systems
- £10.42 to £11.32 per hour plus £1.09 per hour holiday pay
- Holiday pay is built up and is paid when holiday is taken.
- Move to higher rate after training has been completed.
- Overtime rates available after 40 hours at £13.03 to £14.10
- 12 hour shifts – 7 to 7
- AM & PM shifts available
- shift patterns Sunday to Wednesday to Wednesday to Saturday
For more information regarding the role call Joe on 07874 878 593 or apply online