HGV Driver Assessor – £35K per annum – Potters Bar
Location: Potters Bar and surrounding areas.
Up to £35K per annum plus mileage expenses and benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Driver Assessor to join the driver assessment team of a busy Driver Recruitment Agency based in Potters Bar.
- The successful candidate will train, educate and update the Driver community on the methods, procedures and legislation appropriate to facilitate safe & efficient completion of their duties. This may include the preparation and delivery of driver CPC training.
- The role will require you to be fully competent in training Full Time Employed LGV Drivers, Temporary Agency LGV Drivers and other Company Vehicle (non-LGV) Drivers.
- You must be approachable and professional with an aptitude for developing other, a self-starter with a ‘hands-on’ approach and the drive to `get things done’.
- Your role will be responsible for some of our key client transport hubs.
- Assess potential drivers as part of the recruitment and selection process.
- Induction and training of newly recruited drivers in the procedures and processes relevant to the role and to general company principles including health and safety policies.
- Training of new, existing and temporary agency drivers on rigid lorry and artic combinations and in specific areas relating to loading & offloading of magnums, pallets, roll cages and other delivery formats, including load security.
- Assessing new LGV drivers (all classes) before employment commences and all company HGV drivers on an annual schedule.
- Assessing and evaluating driver’s performance, utilising the digital Vehicle Unit and telemetric systems. This will incorporate regular tachograph and telemetric reviews and being able to action upon this information.
- Review, update and retrain existing drivers on procedures and process relevant to general company principles and procedures including health and safety policies.
- Ensure all drivers are familiar with the latest legislation surrounding EC Drivers Hours, WTD in Road Transport and Load Security.
- Ensure all drivers are familiar with the latest customer requirements.
- Report any health and safety issues, including near misses to the Head of Transport.
- Participate in health and safety forum meetings, risk management meetings, driver meetings and
- Participate in CPC course development and instruction.
- Complete investigatory meetings as and when required and assist with cause of damage investigations.
- Assist with collections and deliveries when required.
- Providing instruction, when suitably qualified and experienced, on LGV Tractor Units, LGV trailers, LGV Rigid Vehicles, Non-LGV Commercial Vehicles, Company Cars and CPC training courses.
- Ensuring that all vehicles and equipment used have been properly checked for safety and mechanical condition before they are used.
- That all vehicles and equipment are driven or operated in accordance with the law and appropriate safety codes.
- Previous experience as a qualified Driver Assessor or a Driver Training Instructor
- Previous LGV Driver economic driving techniques and health and safety training experience
- Full valid C+E Driving Licence with no points on the licence (must have held licence for more than 5 years).
- No current or previous prosecutions for driving offences
- Working knowledge of current transport legislation
- Previous experience working in road transport operation (incl. loading and unloading)
- National / International Operator CPC qualification
- Advanced Driver Qualification
- Driving Instructor/ Assessor qualification
- Health & Safety qualification
You will be a ‘self-starter’ who is highly organised, with a proactive approach and a ‘can do’ attitude. You should have strong attention to detail and a focus on quality. Possessing robust communication skills and demonstrating proven driver development and assessment skills. Moreover, you must be able to work effectively as an individual, as well as part of a team.
To apply call Serge on 020 8441 3323, apply online or visit our registration centre in Potters Bar at 90 Darkes Lane, EN6 1AQ.
Is your CPC Card expiring in 2021 ?
If your card is due to expire in 2021 we offer online periodic training courses to help you obtain the 35 hours you need to renew your card. For more information call 020 8441 3323 or visit our website www.surecalldrivertraining.com.